MA Emissions, was:Re: Value of TR6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MA Emissions, was:Re: Value of TR6
From: Bob Tufts <rbt@itc.Kodak.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 09:25:16 -0400
>From Bob Lang:

1. Emissions tests don't cover a '70...they only look at cars less than 12
years old in MA (currently), but this will be changing. So make sure you can
see the various bits (such as carbon can etc.)

I believe the current standard is 15 years. At least they tested my '79 Esprit
every year from when I bought it in 87 till last year when I moved to NY.

So far I'm lucky, upstate NY doesn't have emissions tests...YET.
(they do check for visable signs of removal of smog equip though).

-Bob T.

PS: I'll be looking for fellow SOL'ers this Sunday's British Car Day @ the MOT
in Brookline MA.