removing body panels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: removing body panels
From: Gord Mummery <mummery@monk.sheridanc.on.ca>
Date: 20 Jul 1993 14:06:32 -0400
 Help, my 69 TR6 is being rebuilt by myself and I am but a novice in the world
of body
work.
 I'm in the process of removing the rear valance and rear lower inner valance.
The problem being that I'm doing this in my garage, no torches, no compressor
or air tools. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this with a
minimal
of damage to the other body panels. I will be doing the same for the front
valance.
 Any suggestions on how to complete my task would be just swell!

Also of interest, I reveneered by dash with burled walnut. Cutting out the
instrument
holes was tricky but done in a relativly short time using a razor blade. Six
coats of
sealer and two coats if varnish and lots of wet sanding inbetween. It turned
out
WAY COOL!  Total cost  $31.00 for the veneer
                        5.00 for the sealer
                        3.00 for the veneer
                        4.00 for the sandpaper

Gord Mummery
" the real reason I took my car apart is so my wife couldn't sell it! "