GT6+ miscellany

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: GT6+ miscellany
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Chris Denzler)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 08:12:22 -0700
The past few weeks, I've been getting the rattles out of the new beast,
tuning, cleaning etc.  Now that it's quieter I can hear the important
noises.  When on the freeway around 60mph a vibration from the rear
occurs under exactly no load.  When on the gas, no vibration.  When off the
gas, no vibration.  When lifting the throttle slowly, right when you pass
the point of no load the vibration occurs.  I assume this is the
differential?  If that is the problem, how much time do I have left until I
need to rip it out of there?

  The oil filter I pulled out of the canister is not the correct one.  It is
about 1 1/2" thick and the stock one is more like 2 3/4 inches thick.  I am
now trying to figure out what the PO has done here, since I would like to
put oil back in the car and drive it!  I would like to go to a spinon filter,
but TRF doesn't sell the adapter separately, it only comes with the oil cooler
kit.  I don't really want to spend a couple hundred bucks to get a spin on
filter, does anyone know where to find this part?

I went to the local auto paint place and had them color match my (BRG?) paint.
The fancy paint computer said the closest color was from a 1985 Ford!  The
color it came up with in the book didn't look anything like the color on
(most of) the car.  I didn't really want to paint the whole thing at once,
I was hoping to do a little bodywork and painting at a time on weekends so I
can drive the car to work.  Any ideas?  I think I'm going to get a second
opinion on the paint.

                               - Chris