1500 midget gearbox

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 midget gearbox
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 93 14:23:21 EDT
|Date: 8-10-93  2:19pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: 1500 midget gearbox
   I just returned from lunch with some of the mid-atlantic SOLer's and
also from picking up my new-used gearbox.  The guy I bought it from said
that he took it from a 1980 spitfire that had just been overhauled with
the gearbox professionally rebuilt.  The owner was moving overseas and
couldn't find the title, so he sold it to be parted out.  So, it looks
like I got a pretty good deal for $250.  Too bad I didn't have $1000 to
throw at the car so I could have an OD, oh well, I guess it wouldn't be
a midget anymore.  Now I just need the time to put it in.

   So, what gear oil do other 1500 midget/spitfire owners use?

  Dean