Reliability

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Reliability
From: Darrell G Holmquist <holmquis@hpcc98.corp.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 93 9:54:33 PDT
I too have to add my vote of confidence to British car reliability.
My '50 MG-TD, "Midgie," has let me down only once in 19 years.  Of
course, she did it spectacularly -- broken crankshaft on a highway
30 miles outside of London!  But that was after three weeks of hard,
wonderful driving thoughout England and Scotland.  And two years
before that, 5 weeks driving through Canada and Alaska -- Anchorage,
Denali Park, Mt. McKinley, Arctic Circle, Fairbanks, meeting car
enthusiasts along the way -- with nary a problem.

Now the Honda Accord LX, which I gladly dumped after 3 1/2 years,
is another story.  What a piece of junk!  I'll take a 40+ year old
British car over that Honda anytime.  Now if I can just find a new
crankshaft. . . .

dh