Frustration revisited...

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Frustration revisited...
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 93 07:42:49 -0500
Well, thanks to Mike Burdick, who told me the nuts I was trying to turn under
the GT6 are WELDED to the floor pan. Duh!

Since space is so tight, I'm going to remove the seats by removing the two
bolts each one pivots on. Then I'll remove the sliding rails, if possible.
If it's too much trouble, I'm just going to leave them there and carpet
around them. We'll see.

I used up all my body plugs I ordered and there are still more holes! Now I
have to make another puny order with TRF to get the rest of the plugs. My
vision of getting the car carpeted this weekend is rapidly fading. I'm still
going to try to get the insulation cut and set in place, but not glued down
until I get all the plugs in place. Hopefully I can get the carpeting in
next week. I want to start on the dash next Saturday.

Anybody have the heater control knobs for a GT6+? These are small squarish
plastic knobs with a setscrew. I haven't been able to locate those. Let me
know if you have some...

Thanks,

Larry