Re: British Cars Digest #918 Thu Aug 26 09:56:40 MDT 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #918 Thu Aug 26 09:56:40 MDT 1993
From: weems%virgil@cs.umass.edu (Chip Weems)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 93 17:13:34 EDT
Here's a digest of responses:

Emissions testing: A few years ago my wife's car failed an emissions
test. Somebody at work told her that she lived too close to the
testing place and the car just needed to warm up. Also, to take it
out on the highway and blow out some of the carbon. So she drove it
about 20 miles and then stopped at the testing place and passed
with flying colors.

Gluing on leather: Most contact cements work best if you apply the
glue to both surfaces and wait until they reach a strong tacky
feeling. But be careful that you put them together exactly aligned,
because it is unlikely to come apart for a second try.

Pushing the family for a Sunday drive: My 3 year old son does
most of the driving in the Jag, and the sound effects he makes
while I'm working on it can occasionally be startling. The family
joke is that we measure the efficiency of the car in dollars
per foot of travel.

Chip