TR7 FI

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, joeg@sr.hp.com
Subject: TR7 FI
From: GORIN_JOE/HP5300_A0@opnmail2.corp.hp.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 93 22:36:00 +0000
Timothy J. Drabik asks about Fuel Injected TR7s and whether they
are Bosch L-Jetronic-type.

I have a fuel-injected TR7.  The previous owner told me it was a
Bosch FI computer, but I don't have any other evidence of that.
Didn't I read on this list in the last two weeks that the TR7
fuel injection was Bosch and that the TR8 was Lucas?

As I posted a few weeks ago, all California Specification TR7s
are fuel injected to meet the tighter emissions spec's of the
day.  My computer is a black box; I remember no numbers on it.
I know that it is electronic, and that it is analog.  I have
seen the circuit board inside; it is full of unlabeled (!)
integrated circuits.  I remember thinking it looked German
when I had it apart.

Sorry, I don't know how to identify it further; perhaps you can
give me some clues.

--Joe Gorin