Re: British Cars Digest #947 Thu Sep 23 01:15:01 MDT 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #947 Thu Sep 23 01:15:01 MDT 1993
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Thu Sep 23 07:54:51 1993
Thanks Scott for clearing up the turbulent discussion on cooling...I
do remember reading the Vizard book discussion of the issue and
forgot that uneven cylinder cooling was the reason for the blanking
sleeve.

I also use a trans cooler mounted between the radiator and inner
fender for the cylinder head cooling circuit, some folks use heater
cores as additional coolers.  with a side mounted radiator, you need
all the cooling you can get...one of these days I will buy a Griffin
Al rad.

I don't know exactly how it effects the flow, but all the race heads
 have solder blocking the small tube which connects to the top of the water pump
with a small impossible to replace hose.  We also block the
corresponding water pump outlet.

Yes, it was nice getting together with Andy G. and Pat V. the other
night. Good recommendation on the Negro Modelo and nice to hear from
Pat about the Seattle brit car scene and Andy's stories about merrie
olde...

Jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil