Re: movie cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: movie cars
From: dgilbert@reed.edu (Dan Gilbert)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 93 13:37 PDT
I hope these haven't been mentioned.  The mail system is under repair and I've
missed a
few issues, but ....

In the rather twisted movie Lair of the White Worm (Ken Russel, dir.)  the lead

vampiress/priestess  drove a late model E-type FHC  (BRG, if I remember right).

Billy Crystal drove a blue TR6 in _Throw Momma From the Train_.

Steve Martin had a 66 Austin-Healey BJ8 in _Father of the Bride_.

and in a related (though tenuously) vein,  Murphy Brown mentioned teaching her
child
how to balance the carbs on "a classic MG" as something she wanted to do
(syndication
prohibits any original broadcast date from being known).

I'll continue to rummage through movies I have.  Didn't somebody drive an MGA
in
one of those "Elvis, we gotta win this race" movies?  It seems to be stuck in
my head as
such.

BTW what's the British Motor Heritage address and how much do one of their
certificates
of information/authentication cost?  I'm really beginning to wonder what's
original in
my car.
Thanks,

Dan Gilbert             dgilbert@reed.edu       "Harriet" 1969 MGB Roadster