ELCC Meeting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, lotus-cars@netcom.com
Subject: ELCC Meeting
From: Dave Van Horn <davevh@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 93 20:53:03 TZ
This last Saturday (9/25) I attended the Evergreen Lotus Car Club's
monthly meeting, which I thought you all might find interesting.  It
was held at Phantom Restorations, a restoration shop in Seattle that
does a lot of Lotus work, and included an interesting discussion on the
ins and outs of Lotus restoration as well as lots of works-in-progress
to examine in detail.

LBCs In the shop that day were:
  3 early Elans (one barely begun, with the body off the frame)
  one S2 Europa,
  one early Elite (almost finished, and absolutely lovely),
  an XK140 FHC,
  and a 1935 Alvis.

Non-LBCs were a '33 Auburn, a '57 Chrysler convertible (a swimming pool
of a car), a '48 Veritas (!) and a '72 Volvo 145.  Yes, the 145 is the
boring old station wagon, and for what it cost to restore the owners
could have bought a new one, but they prefered to have the old one made
new again.

It being a sunny day, people brought their toys along, and as much time
was spent examining those as the ones inside.  These included a Super
7, a couple of lovely early Elans, a new Elan SE, an Eclat, a Westfield
Eleven and a Ferrari F40 (brought because he'd just washed his Esprit
and was waiting for the wax to dry, or something).  The Ferrari was
traveling on a temporary trip permit, as registration costs a tidy
$9,000 a year.

Dave