Re: Re: Berkshire British Motor Club; Our trivia contest

To: phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Re: Berkshire British Motor Club; Our trivia contest
From: RadsickT <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 12:41:32 PST
Phil Ethier wrote:

>> 24. British for removable side windows

>Side curtains, same as USA since the horse-and-buggy days.  In the USA
>they were sometimes called "I-zen-glass" curtains (I have no idea how to
>spell that), which referred to the clear material.  May have been a brand
>name for some kind of clear cello stuff no longer used.  This term is very
>old and predated automobiles.

I think that in the hobby of Homebrewing there is a substance
called isenglass that is used as a clarifying additive.  I
suppose it is simply a powdered form of some sort of plastic.
If I remember correctly, I think it picks up stray protein
molecules and then sinks down to the bottom to be removed when
the beer is racked  (it has been a few years since I have
brewed....)  LBC content?  uh....YEAH...I GOT IT!  People who
work on LBCs often need a beer when they come in from the
garage!  Well.... they do if they have a garage.

Tim "Raindrops keep falling on the empty, rusty shell of my GT6" Radsick

(It just rained over here at Edwards AFB)