Re: '77 Midget not starting...

To: Flavius@learnlink.emory.edu (Steven R. Kopec)
Subject: Re: '77 Midget not starting...
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 93 6:59:39 MST
{     It appears that the engine ground is loose.  I haven't had a chance to
{look at it due to time and lack of light, but that should be solved this
{weekend.  I'll post what it was as soon as I trace the
{problem.

This is easy to check and temporarily fix.  Just jumper your engine.
Yup, just attach one of your jumper cable leads to the neg post on your
battery and safely attach the other end of it to an exposed metal
portion of the engine.  Be sure to keep the cable clear of moving parts.
If the car starts then, then your engine ground is buggered.  If secured
properly, you can drive around with it like this until you get around to
cleaning the ground connection.

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________