Good LBC shops in Los Angeles Area?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Good LBC shops in Los Angeles Area?
From: RadsickT <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 93 10:44:05 PST
Hello All,

A while back I related my experiences working on my GT6mk3.  I
recieved some great suggestions (thanks) which I intend to
follow.

One suggestion was to take my diff down to a qualified shop.
Sounds like good advice so the obvious follow up question is
"Where?"

I really don't seem to have a good track record of choosing shops
with the "look in the phone book" method.  I seem to do alright,
though, using the "ask friends" method.  So, to all my bestest
buddies out in SOL land, do you know of any competent brit-car
mechanics/shops in the Los Angeles Area?  I am willing to drive
as far south as Orange County and as far north as Santa Barbara.
I just want to find a shop where I can leave pieces of my GT6 and
I can feel that they are in good hands.  I figure that over the
next few months I will have the diff rebuilt and I will probably
need lots of machining done on the engine.  I don't really want
to take it to "Billy Bob's Machine Shop:  We can cut lots of
metal off of anything!"  I want to find a guy who goes "Oh, a GT6
engine!" when I carry in the hunk of metal.

Also, I DID put Sta-Lube  GL5 in the tranny.  It is funny how the
knowledge gained working on one car (Porsche 914) can really
screw you up working on a brit car. OOOOps, It's coming out soon.
 Do I need to flush out any residue before I put in something
like Redline MTL?

Thanks
Tim, in Edwards AFB CA