It works!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: It works!
From: paul gilders rs <paulg@snow.lut.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 14:05:35 GMT
Well after spending a little time in the garage last night I managed
to get the TR6 to start with the new SUs. It was a little lumpy and
unpredictable to start with and I did have a small problem when the
throttle lever jammed, but other than that I slowly progressed to a
reasonable tickover and accleration. However, I was never really
completely happy with the state of tune and could not seem to further
improve the smoothness with the hose in the ear and a screwdriver
lifting the dampers. Anyway after becoming frustrated last night, I
decided to give it a rest and only this lunchtime did I manage to
fully realise my efforts. The car started right up and settled to a
good idle and when I took it up the road, I was seriously impressed
with my efforts.  It was almost as though fairies had entered the
garage overnight. I'm sure I will still need to make some adjustments,
but I'm extremely happy with the performance as it stands. My only
problem now is working out whether it was the carbs or the recent
distributer that's produced the increase in performance!

Anyway, now all I have to do is get some new tyres on the rear end and
I'll have finished! Well ok, maybe some K&N filters, new suspension
components, uprated shocks......

Cheers,

        Paul.