GT6 catalogs and Books

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 catalogs and Books
From: RadsickT <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 93 12:54:49 PST
Hey all,

I just wanted to let interested parties know that I took the advice of
Chris Kantarjiev and ordered volumes 2 and 3 of "Tech Talk" from the
triumph registry of southern california (not capitalized because I'm
not sure if that is the right name) and the books are pretty neat.
Unfortunately for all of us GT6 people there wasn't and over abundance
of GT6 stuff, but enough to make it worthwhile to purchase.  For all
you 4-cyclinder Triumph folks, the books will prove to be an even
better purchase.

I also called up England and (1) ordered a Triumph Tune catalog and
(2) joined the Triumph Sport Six Club (let's see.... 33 pounds
sterling is how many dollars....hmmm... who cares.  Everyone said it
is worth it!)  The guy at Triumph tune said I need to check if the GT6
engine has domed pistons and the large chamber cylinder head -- if so,
I can easily bump the displacement up to 2.5 liters.  I just went down
to the hardware store and bought some grade 8 bolts to mount the
engine to the engine stand.  I still find it hard to believe that the
entire cantilevered weight of the engine can be held up by a couple of
5/16" bolts, but I am putting my faith in those who have done so
without problems.  I plan on taking much of the engine apart today and
tomorrow, then bringing the head, diff, etc down to British Frame and
Engine and having a chat with Ken about how much of my money he will
be getting over the next six months.

As for the TSSC membership, does anyone have a good feel for how long
it will take to get stuff from England (not air mail) ?  If it is a
long time, perhaps I should call them up and pay the extra 15 pounds
for the air mail.  The person who answered the phone sure had an...
uh... attractive accent. WOW!  (I guess that's just one more sign that
someday I should get out and see the world!)

Speaking of traveling, I will be on a temporary assignment to Kirtland
AFB (Albuquerque, NM) from 6 to 17 December.  Some time after that I
will be in the Boston, Mass area to visit a contractor working on on
of my contracts.  I would sure like to get to see some completed LBCs
and perhaps enjoy a local brew pub or two, so if anyone resides in
either of these two areas and would like to show off his or her
car(s), drop me a line.

Tim "Is it smart to begin restoring a Triumph, continuously work on a
Porsche 914, and begin flying lessons all at the same time and on a
Lieutenant's salary?" Radsick