Healey Valve Cover Colour

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Valve Cover Colour
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 11:39:35 -0500 (EST)
This is a real long shot, but the 'net is ideal for this kind of question.
I have a '64 3000 Mk. III Healey which came in BRG with white side
panels. I have found BRG in very tucked away places, such as under the
dash, so unless the car was painted in a total strip down it has always
been BRG.

Here's the odd thing. The valve cover and the oil filter cannister are a
very strange robin's egg blue, almost turqiose. (sp!) There is no sign
anywhere of that silvery green paint that is correct on thre beast. In
fact the block is a red/orange which was used in the competition engines.

This weekend, after five years of hating that valve cover I strippedit
down and repainted it, all the while wondering if I was erasing some
unique point of interest/history on the car.

I've seen a "pacific green" and a 100/4 "spruce" green, but never this
odd colour.  It was even under the valve clearance and HEALEY labels.

Has anyone out there got a clue what this is? I'm going to ask the
archives about it when I order my buuilt sheet if this posting does
produce anything.

Christopher Ball
triumph@io.org