BMW and Brit cars!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: BMW and Brit cars!
From: Andy Ashworth <tcsaca@aie.lreg.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 94 11:31:22 GMT
On my way out to work this morning I heard the followin story on the news.
BMW look set to buy Rover Holdings Ltd from British Aerospace for around
800 million Pounds Sterling. If this deal goes ahead BMW will have complete
control of all Rover companies, e.g. Land Rover, Rover Cars, etc. Honda's
20% stake in Rover Cars will not be affected, nor will Rover's 20% stake in
Honda Europe. A BMW spokesman confirmed the purchase price and stated that
the current plan was to allow the two companies to continue separately and
prosper - didn't Ford say that about Jaguar and now Jaguar cannot even think
about anything without approval in triplicate from Detroit!!

My major worry is how this will affect the revival of the MG marque.

Andy

Andy Ashworth
Lloyd's Register                        email:  tcsaca@uk.co.lreg.aie
29, Wellesley Road                      Phone:  +44 (0)81 681 4040 ext 4510
Croydon                                 Fax:    +44 (0)81 681 4839
CR0 2AJ