Re: Color choices for LBC's

To: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: Color choices for LBC's
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 08:24 EST
I have a slightly different problem.  There was no factory
color for 1937 Bentleys.  Each one was made for a particular
customer and was painted whatever color they wanted.  I saw a
list of the colors used and the majority were black but also
white, tan, grey, blue, green, two color, etc.  According to
the Rolls Royce Owners' Club, it can be painted about any color
as long as the paint is not metallic.  That did not exist in the
30's.  It appears that the original color may have been an aqua
blue or green blue, maybe ocean green-blue.  I don't care for it.
I'm leaning toward a burgandy or claret wine color with a light
tan interior.  That would really make the wood dash and around the
windows show up.  The wire wheels would probably be silver.  I wish
that the body could be painted 2 colors but there is no way to
separate the colors as along a seam and it wouldn't look right.
There is always the possibility of painted the body one color
and the fenders another but .....   decisions, decisions.
Part of the enjoyment of the car is dreaming about it.

Don Mathis