My Wife Likes Yellow

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: My Wife Likes Yellow
From: wade@ops.tridom.com (Wade Massengil)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 94 20:08:38 EST

Greasings and Lubrications, All...

        For so long I felt so blue, in fact, I was red faced...thinking
that I was alone in my struggle to make up my mind about what color to
paint my LBC. Now, I'm tickled pink to know I am not alone in my inability.

        I offer 3 points of advice...

        1. If it looks good on another LBC, any make, any year, it will
                *likely* look good on any other LBC. Witness Jaguar YL12
                and MG YL12...they're the same.

        2. Light colors are more forgiving of amateur bodywork than dark.
                Also cooler to the tender underside of your arm laying
                on top of the door whilst you drive.

        3. Get something easy to fix. My PPG YL12 doesn't require a
                clear coat. If dinged or scratched, I can make a spot
                repair myself at home...sand, repair, sand, paint,
                dry overnight, wet sand, buff. This gives me one less
                thing to worry about as I drive (soon) my little toy
                out in the real world where *stuff* happens.

        And as an opinion...there are enough red, green, and white cars
                at any event...and a whole host of nice but unusual
                factory colors to chose from no one ever uses.

        And another opinion...somebody must have liked the original
                color because somebody bought it new from the dealer.
                My MGB was Primrose Yellow from the factory. (Wish I
                had a dollar for every car that used to be yellow) I
                shyed away from it at first, but it grew on me, and the
                folks at Abingdon must have got it right because now
                I'd not have it any other way.

        And as a final piece of advise...don't do anything untill you've
                absolutely fallen in love with the color.

        The key to marital bliss may lie in obtaining spousal input in
                this matter...narrow it down to 3 or 4 and ask, 'Honey,
                which of these do you think would look best on the
                MONEYBLAT 6000 ?'

        Wade `My wife picks out the colors around here' Massengill