Re: Morris Minor Halfshafts

To: mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com
Subject: Re: Morris Minor Halfshafts
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 08:30:53 -0600 (CST)
mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com writes >

> No. The MM haftshafts are longer. Broken Minor halfsafts are machined
> (resplined) to fit Midgets.

Shows how little I know!  I always thought the whole rear axle assembly
was the same on the two cars.

> I thougth wheels from Monzas

Yes.  The RWD Monza, Sunbird, Vega bunch use a 4" bolt circle.

Chevettes

No.  Chevette is a World Car, with the contemporary Opel Kadette, and
uses a 100mm bolt circle.

> like fit Midgets and Morris Minors and therefore
> the rearends might interchange.

While that sounds like quite a stretch, I suppose any rear axle of the
appropriate dimensions can be dropped in there.  The mount to the springs
would have to be similar.  The power input is no big problem, as a good
driveshaft shop should be able to match up anything.

> BTW Phil do you have a fax no. for WC?

No, I don't know if the Winner's Circle has a fax setup.