Re: Moss' winged knock-off wrench

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moss' winged knock-off wrench
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 1994 12:27:40 -0600 (CST)
I didn't really like the idea of these knock-off wrenches, and it's
not the metal to metal contact that bothers me...

I may be wrong, but it is my understand that one does not remove the knock-
off from a splined hub with the weight of the car on the wheel.  (I know, shop
101--always loosen the lugs before you lift the car...)  I may be remembering
wrong, but my manual for the 'B says that the car should be lifted before
removing the knock-off because removing it on the ground allows the wheel
to tilt on the splines, causing damage.

On another note...yesterday I replaced my front right suspension.  That is,
rebuilt uprights, new king pins, rebuilt shocks, new a-arms, and once the
other side is done, new (Hopkinson) sway bar.  I already have new springs
on the rear, the rear sway-bar in place, and new rear shock links.  When all
this is complete, I'll do a write up on what the work was like, and how the
car handles now.  This is on a 1975 MGB.

sing blue silver,

Keith Wheeler