La Carrera '94, and one I've never seen before -

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: La Carrera '94, and one I've never seen before -
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 13:30:03 PST
          Today while retrieving some bits for Redcar from
     O'Connors Classics in Santa Clara, I ran across
     something I'd never seen (or even heard of for that
     matter) before; 1952 MGTD chassis fitted with a glassfibre
     Atlas Coupe body. Apparently the Atlas company built
     glassfibre coupe & roadster bodies to be fitted to
     sports cars of that era, requiring appropriate frame mods.
     (This TD chassis had been widened.
          This particular example looks remarkably like a
     Cistalia, is w/o engine and interior, and requires a
     complete refurbishing. Oh, and can be had for 2K.

          On Redcar, with LaCarrera happening in just two
     weeks, the prep work is fast and furious, with little
     time to write about our escapades, but I'll try to get
     something out tomorrow.

          cheers-
                 daren