GT6 Steering Rack and Front Susp

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Steering Rack and Front Susp
From: RadsickT <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 94 13:34:43 PST
Hey,

Just a couple of quick requests for some SOL voices of experience:

1)  I am taking apart the steering rack and plan to rebuild it.  Looks
pretty simple, just check a couple clearances and replace a couple
bushings.  Is there anything I should watch out for or be certian to
doublecheck?  Is there a place to buy those little white plastic half
concave domes that connect the rack to the arms? With what lube should
I grease the rack? Is standard Moly grease gun grease OK?

2)  I am about to reassemble the front spindle/rotor/a-arm assembly.
I have new bearings to drift in with a brass punch (after, of course,
doing the "bearings in the fridge, rotor heated in oven" trick).  I
have all new trunions, bushings, etc.  Again, is there anything I
should watch out for or be certain to double check?

Thanks,
Tim