Re: Isadora Duncan

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Isadora Duncan
From: MILLIGANC%AM.mrgate@woods.uml.edu
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 11:48:50 EST
From:   NAME: MILLIGANC <MILLIGANC@AM@WOODS>
To:     British-cars@autox.team.net@internet

        Greetings and Hallucenations.  I've been mearly lurking for most of the
year.  However, since the recent "Isadora" thread hit close to home I thought
I'd put in my 4 ha'-pennys worth.
        My cedentials?  Virtualy nothing....other than a report I did on her in
High school....or was it Jr. High...?  ANYWHO, my teacher at the time was one
of these artsy people who taught English because it paid better(?).  She
assigned us to do a "your Choice" biography.  My grade in the first quarter was
hurtin'...something about bad Grammar.... so I did the only wise thing...BROWN
NOSE!!  More latter if I ever find the REPORT (which got an A -of couse, AND
put me in GOOD relations with my teacher) which was done in the pre-PC days.

Isadora Duncan
1878-1927
Met Choreographer Michel Fokine in Russia and gave up on Traditional Ballet.
Wore costumes of Greek influenced draperies and danced in bare feet.
Danced to symphony music(Schubert, Bethoven, Wagner, etc.) instead of music
composed FOR dance.
>>Was killed when her long scarf became entanged in the knock-on of the
  the car she was driving...an Isotta-Fraschini.<<<<
Not a Bugatti, or a Hispano-Suiza...Sorry folks. (although like the Bug it
DOES have an Italian name....it was an italian car....go figure!)
I'll check, but I believe the T-35 was a Grand-Prix model.
                G'd evening, and good sprite,
                                        KILROY