Midget, wire wheels...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget, wire wheels...
From: Travis Ortlieb <tortlieb@lonestar.utsa.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 09:35:51 -0600 (CST)
Hey folks,

I went and picked up a FREE MG that a guy named Cody had posted in
tx.forsale.  It cost me about $200 to go pick it up, but it seems to be
worth it.  No, it doesn't run (yet, give me a week), but all the parts are
there, the body's in great shape (no dents, very little rust) and all the
guages are intact.  Two things though...

The wire wheel on the right side of the car is missing about 10 spokes.  I
was told by someone that if a wire wheel has been sitting, that there is
no way to get it true again, you're going to have to buy all new wheels,
blah blah...I'd like a second opinion, as the knock off wheels are not
cheap.

Secondly, I was wondering what could have made this car stop running in
the first place.  It only has 13k miles on it, so I suspect it has
something to do with those legendary Lucas electronics.  Guess some
testing is in order, probably over spring break.

Later!
Travis

 tortlieb@lonestar.utsa.edu   :|:   It is always the best policy to tell
 DoD#8545    Travis Ortlieb   :|:   the truth, unless, of course, you are
 Univ. of Texas San Antonio   :|:   an exceptionally good liar.
  '80 Yamaha 850 XS           :|:                    --Jerome K. Jerome