Austin America - info wanted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars )
Subject: Austin America - info wanted
From: cjw17@hslmc.cam.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 15:22:14 +0000 (GMT)
        Please excuse any protocol errors-this is my first posting to this
list!
        From what I have picked up so far there has been no mention of the
little british car that I own, a 1971 Austin America. Although I am writing
from the UK at the moment I am almost definately returning to the US within
the next 6 months, and would like to get this car back on the road. This
shouldnt be overly difficult as it is basically good shape, with only 50K
miles on the clock.
        I would be grateful to hear of other owners, or of known scrapyard
deposits of this car, especially in the NE of the US (the car is presently on
Long Island, NY), whether this be by direct email to me here or on the list.
        One perpetual worry for me with this car is the 'Hydrolastic'
suspension. This is OK for the moment, but I would not know where to go for
help if it ever failed-any suggestions out there?
        Thanks for your help,

                Chris Wiggins (cjw17@hslmc.cam.uk)