New member

To: "'brit-cars'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: New member
From: "Graham, Tom D." <UCISTDG@cis.unocal.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 94 12:56:00 PST
Hi Chaps-
Please add me to the group.  In the way of British cars, I have a 1966
Austin-Healey MKIII, and '84 XJ6 Jaguar.  (Also have a Ford, which almost
qualifies since Ford owns Jag :-) ).

The Healey am rather proud of, I'm the third owner, owned the car since
1974, yes 20 years.  I have pictures of Donald Healey in the drivers seat
and me in the passenger seat.   (No, not actually driving the car, sitting
in a driveway, this from the Chicago AHC about 1978.  Also have a drivers
handbook with DMH's signature).  It is of low original mileage, 45K, BUT a
previous owner repainted it to a non standard color, metallic red and it was
so-so repaired for rust in the rear wheel wells and inner sills before that
repainting.  Having said all this, I intend to sell it in the next couple
years.  I find that I enjoy a car more if it's basically a daily driver,
like the Jag.  Then I don't mind keeping it maintained, working on it, guess
that's the engineer in me.  The Healey is taken out only once month to keep
it fit.  Why not drive the Healey more?  I'm not sure, guess it's laziness
and old age.

(I am on the Jag-lovers group)

So, happy motoring and looking forwrd to hearing from you all.

Tom Graham
e-mail  ucistdg@cis.unocal.com
Unocal Corp,  Anaheim, CA
(714) 693-5808