hydro suspension

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: hydro suspension
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Wed Mar 23 09:05:22 1994
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 21 Mar 94 09:51:21 EST
> From: malcolm956@aol.com
> Subject: A-40
>
> >RE: austin america...use so many mini parts...tool for re-pressurizing the
> >hydrolastic suspension...contact your local mini club to find out
> >who has a simil
> ar tool
>
> Mini's never had a hydrolastic suspension, did they?  I thought mini's were
> just rubber and Magnettes & Austin 1000's, etc. had Hydro.

Minis DID have hydrolastic suspension in the mid-60s...they were
raced and rallied with hydrolastic.  Competition versions of the
hydro displacers were made.  At least one racer in the US whom I
know, tried to replumb the hydro system in various ways to gain
advantage on the track...and he was pretty successful, winning the
June Sprints a couple of times in a mini.

Jim
jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil