Re: TR6 timing

To: sol <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 timing
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.wyvern.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 18:41:19 -0500 (EST)
Hmmm, progress. Today all the mail seems to be from brit-cars-request
rather than MJB. So, I have no idea who asked about TR6 timing, and have
to bomb the whole list with the reply:

 TR6's with a spec'd timing of 4 after are set with the vacuum retard
connected. Any car (Mrcedes, VW, Truimph, etc) with what seems to be an
artifically retarded timing spec will have a vacuum retard unit, and must be
set with it hooked up. You also need to verify that the retard can is
functioning before setting the timing; else you end up about 15 degrees
retarded. From the sounds of the idle speed change, you're retard is working
just fine.

  If that Allison you are putting in is one of the "infinately adjustable"
versions, please read the post I sent to Marcus (and cc'd the list) last
night. Those things require exacting setup to work right.

   Randy
     randy@taylor.wyvern.com