GT-6 Tail lights

To: tim <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT-6 Tail lights
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 20:35:02 PST
Tim,
    Those dark grey foam things you removed from inside the tail lenses
of your GT-6 are (were?) gaskets.  Believe it or not, the Brits expected
those to seal the lens to the body, however, after just a few short years,
they shrink down and slip inside of the lens, doing absolutely no good.
    They sort of remind me of this thin wafer-like substance that was
described as "freeze dried ice cream wafers" that I had at an air/space
show a few years ago.  I think they taste about the same.

               Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
               Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
               Washington State University