Lever Shock Tip - further

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lever Shock Tip - further
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 15:57:31 +0000 ()
Last month I think it was  I posted a tip about lever shocks and using
auto trans fluid wixed with Stop Leak to firm up and seal up minor leaks
in the shocks.

Well, I've been tooling around with this in the shocks on the TR3 since
the day of that posting and :

1. I have no further leaking
2. The shocks are working better
(because of the seal maybe and/or a topping up and evacuation)
3. There have been no adverse effects as far as I can tell.

The Healey has been undergoing a top replacement  so I haven't been
driving it, but while I had the back seats out I treated it too and
seemed to be grounding out a little less on the test run.

Chris Ball

P.S.
Replacing the top on the Healey is FAR MORE involved than any other top
I've replaced but it sure is a nicely designed thing.