SOs and LBCs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SOs and LBCs
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 94 12:11:03 PDT
     On the recent thread of SOs and LBCs:

          My fiancee' is very understanding and supportive
     of my LBC habit because she has what I consider to be a
     very comparable one, that being pianos & keyboards,
     (she's a classical pianist).
          Pondering this, I noticed some interesting
     comparisons (well, at least interesting to me):

          *Each of our collectibles are approximately the
          same size. (Steinway vs. Bugeye)
          *Hers cost more to begin with, but usually don't
          require much in the way of maintenance.
          *My cars can consume the money she makes with her
          pianos, but not vice versa.
          *We both feel they make beautiful music.

     And this also allows us to equate situations in
     comparable terms, like when I thought I had found the
     $1200 Bentley, instead of asking her what she thought
     about the car, I asked her what she would do if she
     found a $1200 Model M. "Buy it" she said. I then
     explained that I had found the automotive equivalent of
     the above deal. "Buy it" she said. God I love her.
          Too bad $1200 was a typo ....

               cheers-
                    daren