dripping anti-freeze

To: Brit Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: dripping anti-freeze
From: Jerry Rau <escagate!smtpgate!jerryr@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 94 17:38:00 PDT
Finally a warm sunny weekend. Drove the 66 MGB a bit yesterday. Walked
outside this morning to find a big puddle of anti-freeze under the car.
Further examination revealed that the drip was coming from a point on the
front of the engine block directly behind the radiator fan. This seems odd
to me, as I would have suspected the water pump. Any ideas as to what the
cause / fix is?

As a additional bit of background, the engine was rebuilt 1500 miles ago and
at theat time the radiator was also overhauled, so I don't think there
should be any issue with coolant flow.

On a different note, I tried to remove the radiator cap and found it
stuck.It's a pressurized cap.  I'm assuming it should be removed by pushing
down and turning counter-clockwise. It's stuck and I'm stuck, since I don't
know if there is even enough anti-freeze in the radiator now to drive.

Thx.

Jerry

rau@escalade.com