Re: RFC: Top 10 Lucas Punchlines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com
Subject: Re: RFC: Top 10 Lucas Punchlines
From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 17:16:18 +0800
~ TOP 10 Lucas Punchlines
~
~ 10. They all own Lucas refrigerators
~  9. Off, Dim, and Flicker
~  8. Lucas, Prince of darkness
~  7. Three breaks for Tea and home before dark
~  6. That can't be it... England is damp (anybody remember the reference?)
~  5. Inventor of the intermittant windshield wiper
~  4. No, not a LUCAS pacemaker!
~  3. Pioneer of the total loss ignition system
~  2. ?

All British components leak; Lucas components therefore leak electricity

~  1. ?
~
I humbly suggest, as "And the NUMBER ONE Lucas Joke punchline is:"

1.  What else would a Lucas torpedo do but try to fly?

(If anyone missed that story, it recently came back to me via a
somewhat roundabout path.  Still one of my faves.)