MGB Modifications

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Modifications
From: "Donald Williams" <wi0297@[165.95.48.6]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 08:29:37 CST
     O.K., some people like to keep their "B's" in original condition, but
I would like to see mine improved upon.  Does anyone know if there is an
intake header that will work on an aftermarket carb. besides the Weber
45DCOE?  Such as one that would fit a Holey carb.?  Or would a Holey be
too much for an MGB? (Holey is an easier carb to setup and work on)

     Has anyone tried the "coil-over" suspension system on their "B"
yet?  If so how do you like the ride?

     I am still having some "minor" electrical problems on my car since I
reinstalled the engine after doing a throw-out bearing replacement.
Namely the car WILL NOT START.  There is no spark coming out of the
coil.  Coil was tested and shown to be in good order.  I've tried running
jumper wires from the starte solenoid to the coil + side (originaly a
white with light green stripe wire).  I've also run a jumper wire from
the coil - side to the distributor (aftermarket Mallory duel point).  and
I've even tried running a jumper from the battery + side to the coil +
side, as suggested by the Haynes book.  And NOTHING works!  I'm not getting
any power out of the coil.

  Any ideas?  Please help!

Donald C. Williams
Senior in Marine Biology,
President, Galveston Grotto,
Texas A&M University
Galveston, Texas

Reply to: wi0297 @tamug3.tamu.edu
Or to: wi0297@165.95.48.6

No flames please, it's a waste of your time and mine!