Re: Duck/Duct Tape

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Duck/Duct Tape
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 16:46:30 -0500 (CDT)
OK, so I am the designated Minnesota guy.  I called 3M at 612-737-6501.
This information office can also be reached from outside the
Minneapolis/St. Paul area toll-free at 1-800-364-3577.  Thanks to Andy
Ihlenfeldt of the Saturn cars list for these numbers.

The lady there told me that there were MANY entries on her computer for
duct tape, from nine different divisions.  Acting on a previous
endorsement on this list of "real gaffer's tape",  I asked about that.  3M
Highland Brand Gaffer's Tape is sold by the masking and packaging
division.  You can reach them at 1-800-241-4820.  The listing for 3M
Highland Brand Gaffer's Tape says all the right things about motion
picture and theatrical use, aggressive adhesive that leaves no residue,
non-reflective surface, etc.

In the UK, you are going to have to call 3M and ask.