Re: MGB ENGINE WEIGHT

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB ENGINE WEIGHT
From: john.bartholomew@amail.amdahl.com
Date: Friday, 12 August 1994 10:26 PT
Re:- question, why 112 lbs equals one hundredweight.

Being a transplant from jolly old, I thought everyone knew ...
4 quarters in 1 cwt
I sure remember having to learn the following....
16oz=1 lb, 14 lbs=1 stone, 2 st (stone) or 28 lbs=1 quarter
4 qtrs (quarters)= 1 hundredweight, 20 cwt=1 ton  ( I think actually,tonne)
hence 112 lbs=1 cwt and 2240lbs= 1 ton

Now I have to adjust to small 16oz pints and 2000 lb tons!
I think it must be related to the POUND/DOLLAR exchange rate?
Ah well, I do get to live in California....RIGHT!

John.Bartholomew
            John Bartholomew  AMDAHL SAN JOSE CA.
         Opinions are my own, not those of my employer.
        72 MGB, restoring 76 MGB, 78 MGB daily transport.
408-944-3592 (07:00-16:00 PDT)  via internet   jdb70@amail.amdahl.com