mini-lite clones

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, eric@igpp.ucla.edu, drabik@solaris.gatech.edu
Subject: mini-lite clones
From: pzh@gwd.dsto.gov.au (Paul Heuer)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 10:12:41 --9-30
I have just spoken to Performance Wheels about Superlites. Here's some info:

1. Contact is Peter Walker, please ask for him when dealing direct with
   Australia, he knows the score now. BTW - here is the contact info again:
   Performance Wheels
   60 Kinkaid Ave
   Nth Plympton
   SA Australia 5037

   +61 8 294 9455 or FAX +61 8 294 1926

2. They are not affiliated with Performance Industries USA in Miami FL.

3. They have an agent in California:
   Auto Systems Group
   6644 San Fernando Road
   Glendale CALIFORNIA 91210
   Tel: 818-956-7933
   Fax: 818-956-5160

4. They are happy to supply directly from Oz but you must arrange shipping.
   They can tell you the weight and volume of an order of wheels, and suggest
   a range of carriers to use, but they don't arrange the shipping. :-(

5. The wheels are available only in an aluminium alloy, not magnesium. The
   approximate weight for various wheels is shown below.

6. The wheels are available in a number of preset offsets, and they can not
   offer other offsets. The wheels are available in a range colours. Mike
   Gigante says they made up his wheels to specific offset and width, maybe
   he swung a deal? The sales rep definatly said that no other offsets could
   be offered. Any comment Mike?

7. Technical data:

   Rim size  backspace  approx weight  cost in A$ (ex tax)

   12x5      91mm                      $85
   13x5.5    101        7kg            $93
   13x6      103                       $98
   13x6      111                       $98
   13x7      94                        $98
   13x8      117                       $103
   14x6      95                        $103
   14x6      113                       $103
   15x6      126        9kg            $103
   15x6      112                       $113
   15x6      122                       $113
   15x7      112                       $118
   15x8      112        10kg           $123
   Note: As always, prices are set to rise soon.

7. Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with any of this. Someone asked about the
   company, I live in the same town, I am a nice guy and know how to use a
   phone. I take no responsibility for the accuracy of information, this was
   all done over the phone.
   End of story.

Cheers,
Paul.