Hylomar

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hylomar
From: MULLENT@YMV5.YMP.GOV
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 09:04:58 -0800 (PST)
My $0.02 worth:

Hylomar is a good product.  It is not RTV, and is not made by Locktite
or Permatex.  It does however seal very well, and has one important
quality that RTV does not have.  It is very sticky.  This stickyness
causes the little bits of sealer that squeezes out of the joints to
remain "stuck" to the joint, or the part of the engine that it
squeezes onto.  The bits DO NOT float around in the oil system inside
your engine.  I verified this when I remove the cam cover to find a
lump of the Hylomar *stuck* to the inside surface and not rolling
around inside the engine.   Good product.  Highly recommended.  I only
use Hylomar after years of using RTV.

Tim Mullen      mullent@ymv5.ymp.gov    Chantilly, VA
72 Elan Sprint  "For the few who know the difference"

ps - Can we start using our geographic locations in our sigs?  Some
do, some don't, and it would be nice to know where we are all located.