Re: Rebuilding HS2 carbs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rebuilding HS2 carbs
From: okane@usa.net (Olin Kane)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 11:09:16 -0600 (MDT)
> From:pat@sbctri,sbc.com

> . . . fishing for advice

I recently rebuilt the HS2's on my '67 Spitfire using kits. Couple of
problems arose. Due to the age and milage of the car, there was lots of
wear and general slop in various parts of the linkage, oblong holes,
etc. If these parts are still usable in your opinion, you need to set up
the linkage on reassembly to account for this slop.

Also, once finished, one of my HS2's leaked. I determined that the float
valve was not shutting fully. This only seemed to happen when the engine
was quite hot. I fixed the problem by pitching my new but apparently not
so good valve with a new Gross jet (less than $5). That fixed the
problem.

 --
Olin Kane
Albuquerque