Re: Computer nerd -> MG nerd ... Tell me why I should(n't)

To: JWisland@aol.com
Subject: Re: Computer nerd -> MG nerd ... Tell me why I should(n't)
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 18:17:55 -31702 (PDT)
On Tue, 30 Aug 1994 JWisland@aol.com wrote:

> Keep 'em coming. As guidance for your stories, is there anyone out there
> whose MG/TR is their _only_ vehicle? with no garage? with limited time/$ to
> put into car?
>
> Judith Winter

Well of course Judith,
        My daily car is a 67 spit-6.  no garage.  limited time? Ha Ha.  Senior
in Mech Engr cramming courses to finish by next May.  My wife and I drive
it each day.  However, insurance is too expensive, so you guessed it,
we're just careful.  Limited $, that's an understatement.
**DRAMATIC MODE OFF**
        But I wouldn't trade it for anything.  It's only broken down on
me once; that was due to the coil being clamped down over some wires.
Wouldn't you know, the only time anyone besides myself has ever worked on
my car was when I had a friend install the coil.  Actually my wife and I
work on the car together; she is very meticulous.
        No bodges to report; I'm not fessing up yet anyway.

                Greg Meboe   meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu