Seat Belts

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat Belts
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 94 00:43:11 EDT
Now that I am a serious seat belt evangalist, I have been preaching to my
fellow SOL'ers about adding 3 point belts to old lbc's like the T series
MG's.  One SOL thought this a bad idea as the shoulder belt would be attached
below the height of the drivers shoulder and therefore would possibly cause a
compression of the spine in an accident.

Seems like other lbc's, MGB, Sprigets, etc. have a similar arrangement.
  Does anyone have any thoughts on the pro's and con's of 3 point belts in
our lbc's??
Cheers!
TATerry