RE: "...We happy few.."

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: "...We happy few.."
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 09:00:26 -0700
0In message <9409090223.AA30779@ptdis4> Miq Millman writes:

> What does it mean?  I don't know.  But out of 800+ list members, only 10 have
> been in every survey since 1990.  There are seven others that missed a year
> or two, but I know are still around.  Also there are a number of other
> members that joined too late to be in the 1990 survey, they didn't get
> included.

> [the ten true keepers of the sparks of darkness]
> garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Roger Garnett)
> oneway@athena.mit.edu (Kenneth B. Streeter) streeter@sanders.com
> walker@hprpcd.hp.com (Darrell Walker)
> cobra@phcilsn.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
> staylor@ccd.bbn.com (Steven Taylor)
> jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
> phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
> miq@sgi.com (Miq Millman) miq@teleport.com/mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com
> robbp@pyrthoth.pyramid.com (Robb Pryor) robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com
> droms@sol.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms)
> ccm0b@VM.CC.PURDUE.EDU (Lawrence Buja) southern@ncar.ucar.edu

So Miq,
I don't count because my knee bangs against Zero car's instrument panel before
my foot gets high enough to reach the clutch pedal?  I feel snubed..sniff.  I've
been around since well before 1990 and I think I have replied to all the
surveys.  I know Dick Nyquest has been on the list longer than 1990 because I
got him on when I was at HP (left there in '89).  Do you remember when Scott
Fisher #1 joined?  Well he has been on & off and on and is now off so I guess he
doesn't count.  I think Jerry has been there with his TR2, MGA and sagging
garage roof for longer than 4 years.

Geee I thought I was too outspoken for anyone to forget I am here.

But I am glad you remembered our founders.  One of them found me posting about
my new TR3 in rec.autos and told me about this new mail list they had going.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561