GM ªconditionerª in lbc diff.

To: delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu
Subject: GM ªconditionerª in lbc diff.
From: John_A_Forrester.henr801b@xerox.com
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 05:35:30 PDT
"Dear SOLers,

Please excuse my naivity:
Does anybody use the limited slip oil for the differential in a lbc that,
e.g. GM [ not MG ;-) ] offers?

Agustin"

        -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -
-       -
Agustin,

I discovered the GM differential limited slip conditioner some years ago when I
had a 72 Vette with a "clunk and growl" in the rear end during some turns. I
added the stuff and within a few days the noise was gone and did not return
during the next two years I had the car. This past winter I installed a
Salisbury 4HU differential from a 68 Jag E-type into my TVR Vixen V8
conversion. The differential was of unknown condition and had been sitting for
some time so I opened it up for inspection. When I attempted to test the
limited slip function I found it was VERY tight. Everything looked good so I
just replaced the seals and put it into the car. Since I had good results with
the GM stuff I added a bottle mixed with the 90 gear oil and it soaked for a
couple of months before the car was put on the road. I have driven the car this
season and the differential seems to be perfect. No noise or leaks and the
limited slip function works well.
"Your milage may vary"
Good luck,

John Forrester