Re: TR6 and Triple Carbs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 and Triple Carbs
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 16:36:55 -0500 (EST)
Well,

I'm still a bit behind on this mail list, but I thought I'd throw in my
tuppence regarding this installation.

I spoke with this fellow while I was at the VTR. Indeed, the guy sets the
manifolds up for ZS175's. I imagine that HS6's would work too, but on this side
of the pond the HS6's are a bit harder to find than they might be in the UK. At
any rate, he also hade a really nifty air box that allows him to run velocity
stacks and all the air is supplied through a nice big cylindrical air filter
that is mounted in the area between the radiator and the front valence. It's a
real nice installation, very clean. As for bulging the hood, it was not
necessary. What the did was set the angle of the manifolds such that there is no
interference. You can't detect the installation when the bonnet is closed
unless you look in the grill opening and see the air filter. In fact, the only
mods to the car are that you need to cut a hole in the air deflector for the
air filter assembly mount.

On top of the nifty induction, he also tricked up the engine with a cam and
roller rockers etc. He's getting a lot more than 104 HP from this car.

He also makes springs, spacers and sway bars (front and rear) for the TR6. I
think I might be spending some $$$ with this guy in the next year or so. He
really thought out the details on these improvements to the TR6.

He also came in 2nd in the Autocross with his car. (I assume he was in the
"modified" category, because the car was def. not stock!)

Now, if I can just find the address and 'phone number...

bye,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |