New MGD

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New MGD
From: Andy Ashworth <tcsaca@aie.lreg.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 10:02:41 BST
I saw an article in last week's issue of AUtocar and Motor about the new MGD.
There is likely to be two variants of the car with the cheaper one (about 13000
Sterling) being launched first.  The article speculated that both cars will
be powered by a 1.8l version of the K-Series engine.

I'm not sure what the differences between the 2 cars will be? perhaps turbo?

fault" option - given that the engine is the K-Series, the engine control,
i.e. fuelling, ignition, emissions, etc. will be provided by Rover's MEMS
system which has absolutely no input from Lucas - the wiring harness, however,
is another matter!

Andy Ashworth
1976 Triumph Spitfire - Pageant Blue, rust and daylight!!