Granby show,etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Granby show,etc.
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 10:17:40 -0400 (EDT)
The 9th Annual "British on the Green" show yesterday in Granby, CT was fun. I
saw Bob Lang's very nice TR-6, but I couldn't connect with Bob himself. My TD
wasn't able to attend with me as the back carb was running much too rich, and
despite the efforts of two experts we couldn't lean it out on Saturday. I
suspect a bad rebuild by a PO (not a "DPO" - the previous owner was dear old
dad...). The carbs are off, and about to undergo a rebuild by a guy with loads
of S.U. experience.

It was really sad to be behind six LBC's from our club on the road to Granby -
driving my Olds wagon. It was also an interesting performance comparison - a
new Olds wagon, with a big multiport f.i. V-6, had a really tough time keeping
up with the six lbc's on winding New England roads. The wagon came in handy
though, as a club member found two nice doors for his XKE at the flea market
($75 for the pair) - and couldn't haul them home with out an assist from the
wagon.

Saw my first SCIMITAR at the Granby show. Most folks never heard of it, but I
recall the name from a posting on this list.

If any SOL happens to be in this part of the world (western Mass), you should
visit Donovan Jaguar Service in Lenoxdale. Two interesting aspects to the
place:

    - they store dozens of LBC's for the weekend folks who visit the Berkshires
      from the NYC area (Jags, A.H.'s, T.R.'s, M.G.'s - you name it, and it's
      probably stored there)

    - they race Jags at Lime Rock, and their collection of modern and vintage
      racing cats is spectacular. They also race an immaculate Allard.

Are there any SOL's planning to visit Lime Rock on Monday, September 5? If so,
respond directly to me. We might set up a place and time to meet.

                                        -Doug