Best bodge and other effluvia

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Best bodge and other effluvia
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 09:55:01 -0500

        Fellow SOLs

        I guess it's my turn for my favorite bodge... While in high
        school I was the proud owner of a Fiat 1100D sedan. While the
        car was parked in the lot of the hobby shop where I worked
        the front end got mooshed by an unknown assailant. The poor
        beast was driveable but bodywork up front was D.O.A. A friend
        knew where another 1100 was abandoned in the back yard of his
        neighbor. We could have purchased the whole car for $100. But
        N-O-O-O! We were gonna fix my car! We prevailed with the owner
        to part with all the bodywork in front of the firewall which
        we hacked off witha saber saw (the "Pros from Dover"). We then
        taught ourselves to gas weld as we welded the "new" front end
        to my "butchered" car. We then slathered bondo over the whole
        mess. I contiued to drive the Fiat for another 6 months until
        I joined the Air Force, and sold the car to a friend (who knew
        the story). He repainted the car bright red and drove for 3 more
        years, and sold it again. After that I lost track of the beast.

        Terry Anne,
        Thanks, for one of the best descriptions about driving an LBC.
        People don't seem to realize that we love our LBCs not so much
        in spite of their flaws, but more often because of them.

        I'm not sure who said a sports car is something one makes sac-
        rifices to own.
        I'll just bodge along now...

                                Greg (I'm much better, now) Petrolati

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."