Ginetta questions

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Subject: Ginetta questions
From: jey@frame.com (Jeff Young)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 00:37:13 PDT
Will --

It depends on which Ginetta.  They've made about 25 different models
starting in the middle '50s.  I think some of the old ones are still
available "new", as are several new models.

The two most common models are the G4 and the G15.  The G4 was a small
sports/racing car in the tradition of the Lotus 7 and Elva Courier.
It's powered by a Ford Kent 4-banger (the motor that spawned the Lotus
Twincam, the Cosworth SCA/B/etc series, and the BDA/B/C/etc series).
It uses Triumph front suspension, a Ford or MG rear axle w/Lotus 7
style trailing arms and A-frame, all bolted to a tube-frame covered by
a very pretty fiberglass body.

The G15 was also fiberglass over a tube frame (which almost all their
cars are) with a rear-engine layout employing an IMP motor.  Not quite
as pretty, but still very successful club racing in Europe.

I've got a '65 G4 that I'm restoring to vintage race.  I'd love to
hear what your FOAF got.

-- Jeff.